As an organization, Red Peloton is committed to supporting various charitable causes within our community. These range from cycling events to other community involvement endeavors like food and toy drives. We believe that helping to build a better community as a whole is vital to our well being as a cycling club because it garners respect and understanding across both sides of the road. Besides, it just feels really good to be able to pay it forward.
A sample of the events we produce and co-produce each season includes:
- Team-lead group rides each week for all levels of cyclists
- Toy and food drives for the needy and homeless, in partnership with the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Association, the local firefighters union and the Sonoma County Bike Coalition
- Trash-collection rides along our backcountry roads twice per year
- Co-sponsor a weekly criterium series that runs from April to September
- Sponsorship of junior-level riders both financially and with coaching, enabling several promising young athletes to join the Professional ranks each year
In 2011 The Red Peloton will continue to work with Bikes for Humanity, Bike Elves and a local children’s home to bring bikes to less-privileged children. This is a cause that is very important to us and we are thankful to be fortunate enough to give back to our community this way.
If you would like to contact us about an event you’d like us to support, or if you want to help volunteer along with us, please feel free to send us an email. You can also view our full list of charitable endeavors by reading the team’s Charitable Causes PDF or read about some of our past events in the articles below.